- Launched: 2010
- Available in: USA, Canada
- Made in: USA, Canada
- Number of layers: 4
- Firmness: Medium-firm
- Cover matierials: Organic cotton
- Trial length: 120 nights
- Warranty: 15 years
- Shipping cost: Free
- Shipping time: 9-18 working days
- Return ease: Company picks up
- Refund: Yes, full refund less $99 for return shipping
- Where to buy: Online
Saatva is one of the only direct-to-consumer mattress companies selling beds with springs and a pillow-top.
It was named #1 rated best mattress of 2020 in the USA. It is one of the rarer companies that sell luxurious innerspring mattresses, as opposed to all-foam ones. With the ultimate spine support and highest quality US-handcrafted cotton materials, Saatva offers the best mattress for its price. It’s super-bouncy and has great temperature neutrality.
The Saatva mattress is available in three firmness options. The Saatva Luxury Firm mattress rates at a 6.3 out of 10 on the firmness scale.
Delivery & Returns
Thanks to modern compression methods and the rising popularity of the bed-in-a-box, mattresses can now be shipped far more efficiently and conveniently than ever before. Customers no longer need to take a day off work to accept a delivery. Boxed beds are now delivered with the same convenience as most Amazon orders. Some bed-in-a-box companies even offer same-day delivery to certain areas. Unlike bed-in-a-box mattresses, Saatva ships their mattresses via white glove delivery, bringing a fully expanded mattress to the customer’s home and setting it up. Locally contracted logistics companies are contracted to fulfill the white-glove delivery service. Shipping is free for most locations, and Saatva customers can expect their new mattress to be delivered within 9 to 18 days.
Saatva's mattress is more of a traditional innerspring mattress than many of the newer memory foam-pocket coil hybrids. Saatva uses a technology called 'coil on coil.' Its memory foam layer is only 1'' above the pocket springs, which means that the mattress breathes easier, but it also means that you are not getting much of the memory foam contouring feel on top (which is ideal for those that shy away from memory foam). Saatva also offers three firmness options: plush soft, luxury firm, and firm. Here are the specs of the luxury firm:
- Layer 1: Eurotop pillow top and cover. It is approximately 2'' and offers a good amount of luxurious softness
- Layer 2: 1'' of memory foam shielding the pillow top from the pocket coils. This removes a bit of pressure and keeps the pocket coils in place.
- Layer 3: The individually wrapped pocket coils are 4'' and wrapped in foam providing a well-balanced support structure for the spine while not aggravating pressure points.
- Layer 4: 7'' of high-profile coils that resemble many traditional mattresses, providing firm support and better structure than many other options on the market.
- Layer 5: A 1'' layer of base foam keeps the coils in place and a 5'' foam layer around the mattress provides the bed superior edge support.
The Saatva mattress also has edge support foam around the perimeter of the mattress. The densities of the foam used in the pillow top of the Saatva mattress vary between firmness levels. The foam densities range anywhere between 1.5lbs/ft3 and 1.8 lbs/ft3
The Saatva mattress cover is white with gold trimming, featuring gold script that boldly states its brand and its use of organic cotton. The cover is sewn onto the mattress like most traditional mattresses and is not removable, nor washable. This means part of the upkeep of this mattress is thorough spot cleaning when spills and stains are present.
The top-cover material is a soft organic cotton knit. According to Saatva’s website, the fabric on the Saatva mattress receives an antimicrobial treatment, which prolongs the life of the cotton, inhibits bacteria, and gives customers with sensitivities to allergens a strong peace of mind.
- Handcrafted in the USA from eco-materials
- Free delivery and setup for most available locations
- Organic cotton cover
- Made in North America
- 120-night trial
- No cancellation fee prior to the day of delivery
- A choice in height (11.5″ or 14.5″)
- Very bouncy and reponsive
- Cool (temperature & visual-wise)
- Top-tier edge support
- Top cover is spot-clean only
- Not shipped in a box
- 9 to 18 days for delivery
- Shipping fees withheld from refund
- Somewhat heavy
|Twin||$699||38 x 75 its|
|Twin XL||$799||38 x 80 its|
|Double||$1,049||54 x 75 its|
|Queen||$1,119||60 x 80 its|
|King||$1,599||76 x 80 its|
|Cal King||$1,599||72 x 84 its|
|Split King||$1,598||76 x 80 its|
The Saatva mattress is a great mattress for those that are looking for an extremely comfortable experience with a traditional luxury mattress feel at a price that is amazing for the quality within.
The company offers customers free delivery with an additional option to remove your old mattress, and also a 120-day home trial. This means that you’ll be able to try the mattress out for 4 whole months, and if it doesn’t suit you, you’ll get your money back - guaranteed.
The brand is pretty reputable and trustworthy, as well - they are a green company, which means that they protect the environment and use only environment-friendly materials in their products.
Throughout the user Saatva reviews, there are actually only a few Saatva mattress complaints. And most of them are centered around the couple of cons that have been mentioned earlier in the review. All in all, Saatva has the best value vs price ration in the game & offers a highest quality mattress.