- Launched: 2017
- Available in: USA, UK
- Made in: China, UK
- Number of layers: 4
- Firmness: Medium-soft
- Cover materials: 67% Polyester, 33% rayon
- Trial length: 365 nights
- Warranty: Lifetime
- Shipping cost: Free
- Shipping time: 4–8 business days
- Return ease: Company arranges return
- Refund: Yes, full refund
- Additional fees: $150 return fee for Alaska & Hawaii
- Where to buy: Online
Storming into the U.S. market with their lifetime warranty and year-long sleep trial, Nectar has quickly carved out a spot in the bed-in-a-box scene.
The Nectar mattress is available in one firmness option. It is rated at 4.2 out of 10 on the firmness scale.
Delivery & Returns
Thanks to modern compression methods and the rising popularity of the bed-in-a-box, mattresses can now be shipped far more efficiently and conveniently than ever before. Customers no longer need to take a day off work to accept a delivery. Boxed beds are now delivered with the same convenience as most Amazon orders. Some bed-in-a-box companies even offer same-day delivery to certain areas.
Nectar uses FedEx Ground to deliver their mattress directly to customers’ doors. In some cases, the delivery can even be left on a porch or deck while the customer is away from home. Nectar customers can expect their new mattress to be delivered anywhere within 4 to 8 business days after purchase, depending on their location. Shipping is free for the majority of Americans, though a $150 shipping fee applies for deliveries to Alaska or Hawaii.
Like many bed-in-a-box companies, Nectar allows customers to try out their mattress at home with the option of a full refund, though the white glove delivery cost will not be refunded. Nectar allows up to 365 days to initiate a return after delivery. This is one of the longest sleep trials in the industry.
If returned, many online mattress companies arrange for lightly used mattresses to be sent to a local charity or recycling facility. Nectar sends returns back to their own facilities.
Nectar is a 11-inch combination foam mattress. By combining different foam types, densities, and firmness levels, Nectar has designed a configuration that offers reasonable comfort, cooling, and support.
The Nectar mattress is available only in one firmness option. This is standard for the ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach commonly used by bed-in-a-box companies.
The Nectar mattress contains four layers of foam. Like many of the memory foam mattresses on the market today, each layer of foam in the mattress works with the others to provide an overall level of comfort and support.
- First layer: 0.5 inches of quilted gel memory foam. This thin layer of memory foam is quilted into the top cover, helping with the contouring feeling as you initially lie down on the mattress. Foam density: Unspecified.
- Second layer: 3 inches of gel memory foam. This comfort layer is infused with gel to help with heat dissipation, preventing the mattress surface from getting too warm as you sleep. Foam density: 3.5 lbs/ft³.
- Third layer: 1.5 inches of memory foam. This transition layer seeks to relieve pressure points while helping sleepers to avoid sinking too deep into the mattress. Foam density: Unspecified.
- Fourth layer: 6 inches of base support foam. This thick bottom layer gives the Nectar mattress its overall structural integrity and level of support. Foam density: 2.2 lbs/ft³.
The white top cover of the Nectar mattress is square-tufted along the entire expanse, an advertisement for the gel memory foam sewn beneath the fabric (67% polyester, 33% rayon). Elsewhere, the grey border fabric helps this mattress fit in with the classic bed-in-a-box look seen across many mattress brands. The Nectar logo appears both at the foot of the mattress and the blue brand tag.
Top covers are sometimes removable, making it easier to care for your mattress. Though it is removable, the top cover not machine washable. The Nectar website recommends spot cleaning as necessary.
- Ultimate comfort for all sleepers
- Pressure point relief for any body type
- Unique 4-layer design
- Delivered in a box
- 365-night sleep trial
- Gel memory foam
- Financing available
- Lifetime warranty
- Might be a bit too firm for some people
- Some customers report that the mattress is a tad bit too warm
- Made in China
- Top cover is not machine washable
- Only one firmness option
- Returned mattresses are not donated
|Twin||$399||39 x 75 x 11″|
|Twin XL||$469||39 x 80 x 11″|
|Double||$599||54 x 75 x 11″|
|Queen||$699||60 x 80 x 11″|
|King||$899||76 x 80 x 11″|
|Cal King||$899||72 x 84 x 11″|
The Nectar mattress is heavily promoted, so many U.S.-based mattress shoppers will encounter the brand in their search for a new bed. The relatively new company makes a clear pitch by advertising the memory foam bed’s lifetime warranty and a year-long sleep trial.
However, Nectar still only offers their mattress in a single firmness option, with a slow-sinking foam surface that may be comfortable for some but not for others. Shoppers contemplating the Nectar mattress should consider whether it is better to risk ordering and possibly returning a Nectar mattress, or opting for a well-established brand with an adjustable firmness system.