- Launched: 2014
- Available in: USA, Canada, UK, Germany
- Made in: USA
- Number of layers: 3
- Firmness: Medium
- Cover materials: Polyester, lycra
- Trial length: 100 nights
- Warranty: 10 years
- Shipping cost: Free
- Shipping time: 2–8 business days
- Return ease: Company picks up
- Refund: Yes, full refund
- Additional fees: $100 return fee for Alaska & Hawaii
- Where to buy: Online
Leesa is one of the more well-known bed-in-a-box mattress companies in the USA. Its unique soft cover and the company’s strong corporate social responsibility is what separate the Leesa mattress in the competitive bed-in-a-box space.
They have also gained attention by partnering with leading swimmer, Michael Phelps, leading gymnast, Aly Raisman, and the Washington Redskins of the NFL.
The Leesa mattress is available in one firmness option. The Leesa mattress rates at a 4.3 out of 10 on the firmness scale.
Delivery & Returns
Thanks to modern compression methods and the rising popularity of the bed-in-a-box, mattresses can now be shipped far more efficiently and conveniently than ever before. Customers no longer need to take a day off work to accept a delivery. Boxed beds are now delivered with the same convenience as most Amazon orders. Some bed-in-a-box companies even offer same-day delivery to certain areas.
Leesa uses specialist logistics companies like UPS to deliver the Leesa mattress directly to customers’ doors throughout the United States and Canada. In some cases, the delivery can even be left on a porch or deck while the customer is away from home. Shipping is free to Canada and the USA, and Leesa customers can expect their new mattress to be delivered within 2 to 8 business days.
Like many bed-in-a-box companies, Leesa heavily promotes their mattress sleep trial. At 100-nights, this sleep trial is average in length. Should the customer choose to return the Leesa mattress during the sleep trial, the company offers free mattress pick-up and a full refund.
There is an exception to this policy: customers who wish to return their Leesa mattress from Alaska or Hawaii will have to pay a $100 return fee.
The Leesa mattress is a combination foam mattress. By combining different foam types, densities, and firmness levels, Leesa has designed a configuration that offers good comfort, cooling, and support.
The Leesa mattress is available only in one firmness option.This is standard for the ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach commonly used by bed-in-a-box companies.
The Leesa mattress contains three layers of foam. Like many of the combination foam mattresses on the market today, each layer of foam in the Leesa mattress works with the others to provide an overall level of comfort and support.
- The first layer of the Leesa mattress is 2 inches of perforated Avena® foam. This material is designed to provide airflow, bounce, and comfort. Foam density: 3.65 lbs/ft3.
- The second transitional layer of the Leesa mattress is 2 inches of slow-responding memory foam.This layer works with the comfort layer to provide an additional level of body contouring and pressure-point relief. Foam density: 3 lbs/ft3.
- The final layer of foam is a 6-inch support layer which gives the mattress its structure and prevents sleepers from sinking in too far. Foam density: 1.8 lbs/ft3. (Most foam mattresses have a support layer density of between 1.5 lbs/ft3 and 2 lbs/ft3.)
Leesa is one of the best-looking mattresses on the market. Its polyester and lycra white-on-grey cover is modern, stylish, and very soft. Despite its zipper, the topside is not machine washable. Nonetheless, this removable cover makes it easier to spot clean the Leesa mattress.
- Made in USA
- High-Quality Layers
- Strong corporate social responsibility
- 100-night sleep trial
- Ultra-soft top cover
- Delivered in a box
- Minimal Off-Gassing
- Only one firmness option
- Softer than average
- Top cover is not machine washable
- Return fees for Alaska and Hawaii
- Not Perfect for Side-Sleepers
- Not Great for Cool Sleepers
|Twin||$449||39” x 75” x 10”|
|Twin XL||$549||39” x 80” x 10”|
|Double||$749||53” x 80” x 10”|
|Queen||$849||60” x 80” x 10”|
|King||$1,049||76” x 80” x 10”|
|Cal King||$1,049||72” x 84” x 10”|
The Leesa is a memory foam mattress trying to distinguish itself in a crowded and competitive field. From their list of athlete endorsements, including Michael Phelps and Aly Raisman, to their distinct cover design, the Leesa certainly wants mattress shoppers to take notice. It’s a good overall mattress, and one that will definitely please those looking for a simple, three-layer combination foam bed with a soft sleep surface.
However, in the higher price segment, Leesa will need to rely heavily on its attractive exterior, social initiatives, and marketing campaigns to entice customers away from its luxury bed-in-a-box competitors. The Leesa can be quickly picked out of a pile of mattresses, but its sleep trial, warranty length, and range of firmness options trial those of some of its top competitors.